Roller Blinds also known as Holland Blinds, are the most common type of window blind found in homes around Australia. They are the most common blind as they are simple in style and operation, unobtrusive, cover the entire window with a single piece of fabric and offer a solution to suit all budget types with the option of chain, cordless and motorised operation.
When it comes to buying custom made Roller Blinds online, there are a few options to consider. The first option to consider is the type of Roller Blind that works best for your home. The next biggest consideration with your Roller Blinds is the fabric transparency and colour. Once you have made these selections, you can customise the rest of your blinds components. If you are considering buying Roller Blinds online as a window blind option for your home, here is all the information you need to know about buying Roller Blinds online.
Roller Blind Types
The standard Roller Blind which is most commonly found in homes around Australia is the chain operated Roller Blind. This Roller Blind is very simple to use with one chain that rotates in a loop to move the Roller Blind up or down and can be stopped in any desired position. When completely raised, the Roller Blind rolls up onto the roll which sits neatly at the top of the window frame, preventing an obstructed view. The Roller Blind is light weight to operate which makes them great for large Australian windows.
Cordless Roller Blinds are a great solution for those families with young children or pets. The Cordless Roller Blind operates using a spring mechanism and controlled by hand using the bottom rail. The Roller Blind is easily maneuvered and the elimination of the chain for operation ensures all family members in the home are safe. The Cordless Roller Blind is a popular option as it offers a clean and sleek look to the home and is great for those who want to add a touch of luxury to their space.
Motorised Roller Blinds are a stylish, modern, and luxurious window blind solution for homes that are looking for that extra ‘wow factor’. Motorised Roller Blinds have a light weight construction and can operated by either battery operation, 240 volt hardwired or 240 volt rechargeable. Aside from the ease of use with a remote control, the biggest advantage to motorised blinds is the complete safety of children and pets that live in the home. By removing all chain operation, the Motorised Roller Blinds ensure that family members are kept safe.
Roller Blind Options
Blockout Roller Blinds, also referred to as Blackout Roller Blinds, are commonly found in bedrooms or rooms in the home that require complete blockout. The Blockout Roller Blind helps to protect your privacy at any time of the day and also will block sunlight or street lights from filtering through the fabric.
Light Filter Roller Blinds allow sunlight to filter into the home. They are the middle ground between blockout fabric and sunscreen fabric. The Light Filter Roller Blind works well in rooms such as living rooms, dining rooms and kitchens. Light Filter Roller Blinds can also work in bedrooms and bathrooms, if complete blockout or privacy is not required.
Sunscreen Roller Blinds are a good choice for those rooms that don’t require complete privacy or blockout. The Sunscreen Roller Blind will filter sunlight that enters the home creating a pleasant ambient feel. They are a great solution and commonly found in living rooms or studies.
Day & Night
Day and Night Roller Blinds, also known as Dual Roller Blinds, are an excellent way to have the best of both worlds combining two fabric options. Day and Night Roller Blinds are usually made up of a light filter or a sunscreen fabric which is used during the daytime to filter sunlight that enters the homes without completely blocking out privacy, view and daylight. This is paired with a blockout fabric which is used at night time to ensure privacy and blocking out of any street lights or car headlights. The Day and Night Roller Blind offers the best of both worlds and allows you to use those two Roller Blinds interchangeably and all throughout the day to ensure you have complete control over privacy and light.
Buying Roller Blinds Online - Important Information:
- When ordering Roller Blinds online, the fabric supplied is approximately 30mm less than the ordered size, ensuring there is space left for the installation brackets.
- Roller Blinds can be made with either a Standard or Reverse roll. This means that a Standard Rolls fabric will roll off the back of the tube against the window and the Reverse Rolls fabric will roll off the front of the tube away from the window.
- All Roller Blinds types can be customised to suit your preferences such as rail colour, bracket colour, chain design and chain position.
Cleaning & Maintaining Roller Blinds
Cleaning Roller Blinds is a simple process and the same for chain, cordless and motorised blinds.
1. Start by using a feather duster or microfibre cloth to wipe over the blind fabric both front and back, the chain (if applicable) and the brackets. Regularly dusting the blind and its mechanisms will prevent dust build up and to help prolong the life of your Roller Blind.
2. If you have a stain on the fabric, mix warm water with a little bit of dish washing liquid in a bucket. Use a damp sponge to dab the stain until removed. Avoid rubbing the blind or using harsh chemicals that contain bleach to prevent discolouration to the Roller Blind fabric.
3. If you feel your Roller Blinds need a thorough cleaning, use the soft brush head on your vacuum to brush over the blind fabric.